Happy How-To Day!!! I am super excited to share this episode with you because knowing how to make nut milk is a GAME CHANGER!! I remember before I tried it thinking meh, how much better can it be than store bought? Well let me tell you – it’s so much better. And not to mention it only takes a few ingredients with no fillers or gums like most store bought versions. In this video I show you super standard way to make it with no additions – but my favorite way is to add in a pitted date, splash of vanilla and a pinch of sea salt. That recipe is below! Now you might be wondering, well what can I use this nut milk for? So many things! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Out of a glass – seriously it’s that delicious.
- In a smoothie
- In my Spinach & Almond Flour Waffle recipe
- In my Grain Free Toasted Coconut Carrot Cake recipe
- In your coffee
- And basically any way you enjoy milk now!
- 1 cup raw nuts (almonds or cashews are my favorite)
- water to cover the nuts
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 1 -2 pitted medjool dates (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Place nuts in a bowl and then pour some water over the nuts until they are completely covered.
- Let the nuts soak in that water for 4-12 hours. The longer the better but no longer than 12 hours.
- Pour out the water that the nuts soaked in and discard.
- Pour the soaked nuts into a blender and add 4 cups of filtered water. If you want it a little sweetened (which is how i love it!) also add in 1-2 pitted dates, vanilla extract and salt. Blend on high until white and there are no big chunks of nuts.
- Line a bowl or large pyrex measuring cup with a nut milk bag and pour the mixture into the bag.
- Pick the bag up and slowly squeeze out the nut milk until all of the liquid is removed.
- Store in a glass jar in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.