FINALLY sharing this chicken salad with you guys!! A couple of weeks ago I was at trader joe’s and saw a sonoma chicken salad of sorts in the pre-made foods section and I was so close to buying it for a quick lunch until I read the ingredient list… how could it be so long?! I have been much more lax in my pregnant and tired state lately that I have been going to convenience over quality but I still always look at the ingredient lists. It’s been easy to allow vegetable oils and sugars creep in which is fine time to time, but it’s when I read a list that is 20 + ingredients long and filled with things I can’t pronounce – aka chemicals, that I feel an urge to say NO!! So I picked up chicken and some red grapes and knew I probably had everything else I needed at home. I am soooo glad I did this because it was the easiest and tastiest chicken salad i’ve had in awhile. It is also perfect to make a big batch of for the week to eat for lunch!
A few ideas of how to eat this Sonoma Chicken Salad:
- Scoop it into a lettuce wrap.
- Scoop it up with celery sticks.
- Serve it on a salad with a little bit of your favorite salad dressing or some oil + apple cider vinegar.
- Scoop it into bell peppers (large or mini!)
- In a coconut wrap – love the ones from Thrive Market
- With a fork!
Have you run to the store to get these ingredients yet??
Pin the image below to save this Sonoma Chicken Salad recipe for later!
Sonoma Chicken Salad
- 5 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup mayonnaise (i use primal kitchen avocado oil mayo)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup red grapes, chopped in half
- 1 cup chopped celery
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey and poppy seeds and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to the bowl and toss with dressing. Add in grapes and celery and toss again to coat. Season once more with salt and pepper!
- Check out this post for How to Cook Chicken!