Let’s talk Christmas candy!! After I made my Paleo Twix and everyone loved it – I decided to keep to healthy candy remixes coming! And because December to me means chocolate and peppermint everything, I knew I had to try to remake York Peppermint Patties. So of course I did what I always do and googled “paleo peppermint patties”. I found tons of recipes and all of them had tons of coconut butter and coconut oil in them. I have nothing against coconut but I think the flavor can be so powerful that I didn’t want it to take over the peppermint. So I played around with a few combinations and found one that worked perfectly and has great consistency.
These are great to make a big batch of and keep in the fridge to wow your guests this holiday season! They are a great dessert because they have clean ingredients but pack a rich punch so one patty will satisfy that sweet tooth! Another important part of this recipe is that the dough for the inside part is super dense when you are mixing it up so you gotta get your back into it! To make this job easier I love using my DI ORO Seamless Spatulas! I have been talking about these spatulas non stop because they are the best ones I have ever had. You can use them in up to 600 degree heat, they are dishwasher safe, made with BPA free silicon and have a super strong steel core which helps you mix this recipe together so well! So if I have convinced you that you need this spatula set – you gotta sign up for my email list so you can get 30% off the pack! And if you are already on my list, I sent the code out in an email a couple of weeks ago, just search “Spatula Set” in your email.
Okay back to these paleo peppermint patties!
Knead that dough until it all comes together!
A little dip in some chocolate and you are on your way!
This post is sponsored by DI ORO but all opinions are 100% my own! Thank you for supporting Little Bits Of!
Pin the photo below to save this Paleo Peppermint Patties recipe for later!
Paleo Peppermint Patties
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ cup honey
- 6-8 drops peppermint essential oils (depending on how strong you like your peppermint!) *or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 oz. chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot, honey and peppermint in a bowl and stir to combine completely.
- Scoop into 1 tablespoon sized balls then press them into patties and place them on a silicone pat lined baking sheet (or wax paper) and freeze for at least 30 minutes
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between until melted. Stir in ghee until melted and combined.
- Dunk each patty in the chocolate and toss to coat, then fish it out on top of a fork and hit the fork against the bowl so excess chocolate falls off the patty. Transfer back to the lined baking sheet and let cool in the fridge. To add extra texture and design, put the remaining chocolate in a small ziplock bag, cut off the corner and drizzle it on top of the patties! Let cool completely in the fridge or freezer and keep in the fridge!