- 1½ cups cashews, soaked for at least an 1 hour, drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (I used almond)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ pound ground italian sausage
- Dandy Celery
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Place the cashews, orange bell pepper, milk, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender. Puree until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add oil and the minced onion and cook for about 5 minutes to soften. Add ground italian sausage and cook until sausage is browned.
- Add in the cheese sauce and stir until combined and heated through. Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed. Serve with celery sticks!