With all of this Christmas season talk and treats we have been having we are totally breaking from football food! Which is just inappropriate in my opinion. I think “football food” can really be eaten all year round for any kind of game or get together, but there is something about a dip that really makes if feel like football time. Especially if it is a meaty and “cheesy” dip!! This one comes together so easily and requires no cheese – although it does taste just like the nacho cheese you know and love. I teamed up with my friends at Dandy Celery to bring you this recipe – because the BEST thing to dip in a rich and creamy dip is a light and crispy piece of celery. The lovely folks over at Dandy are all about the dips for game game so they are having a promotion right now called Dip it 2 Win it!! Just enter via that link and you could win a Smart TV AND $1,000 Visa gift card so you an throw the ultimate game day party.
Imagine it now – Making a big pot of this dip, sitting in front of your massive new TV and also likely sitting on a brand new couch or something else fun you bought with your gift card. Now you know I am all for indulging on occasion but January will be full of football while you are also trying to get back on track after the holidays – so this dip is CLUTCH! And pinky promise everyone will like it. Now I want to hear from you in the comments – what is your favorite football food you just NEED come game time? I’ll try to make healthier versions of your favorites in 2018 so we can be extra HAPPY! Deal?
The perfect crunch and dip factor!
This post was sponsored by Duda Farm Fresh Foods but all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting Little Bits Of!
Italian Sausage Nacho Cheese Dip
- 1½ cups cashews, soaked for at least an 1 hour, drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (I used almond)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ pound ground italian sausage
- Dandy Celery
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Place the cashews, orange bell pepper, milk, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender. Puree until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add oil and the minced onion and cook for about 5 minutes to soften. Add ground italian sausage and cook until sausage is browned.
- Add in the cheese sauce and stir until combined and heated through. Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed. Serve with celery sticks!