Instant Pot Garlic Rosemary Cauliflower Potato Mash
It is almost time for thanksgiving and I could not be more excited about it!! Thanksgiving food gives me LIFE. Hello sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and taters as many ways as we can make them. It is one of those meals you eat and think, why don’t we eat this meal more times a year?? Well I think all of November and beyond should be fill with taters. My hubs would definitely love that! But I like to lighten them up and mash them with cauliflower! This recipe could not be an easier way to do it. The idea of garlic rosemary cauliflower potato mash seems to me like an obvious, only way to eat them kinda thing – but those are the recipes I somehow never post on this blog. I remember making meatloaf all the time before I realize I never posted a recipe about it. Then I posted my Tomato Basil Turkey Meatloaf and now it’s and automatic favorite with so many of you!
So I am hoping this simple Instant Pot recipe does amazing things for you! 8 minutes on manual and a little mashing does wonders! For liquid I did half almond milk and half chicken stock for creaminess and flavor – but you could do one or the other if you only have one on hand. And that liquid is all you need to a great consistency when you mash too – no draining or anything! I could really go on and on about how easy it is to make but you should probably just try it yourself! And if you don’t have an instant pot I’m not sure if you could do it in a slow cooker… if you try let me know! If you are looking for a main dish to go with this epic side one of these fall nights, I suggest this Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Chutney – it will totally get you in the holiday spirit!
I could eat this with every meal of the day… no joke!
We have lots of renditions of classics for you, check these out:
Pin this Instant Pot Garlic Rosemary Cauliflower Potato Mash to save for later!
- 1.5 lbs potatoes, chopped into quarters (i used red potatoes but gold work well too)
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened original almond milk (or coconut)
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Add potatoes, cauliflower, almond milk, stock and garlic to the instant pot and make sure the top notch is on “sealing”.
- Press manual and add 8 minutes to the timer.
- Let everything cook and when the timer goes off switch the top part to “venting”.
- When it is done depressurizing open the instant pot and use a potato masher to mash everything together. Add rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add some salt. Add potatoes and cauliflower to the water and cook for 8-10 minutes or until both are super fork tender.
- Drain and add to a bowl, then pour in almond or coconut milk, stock, garlic & rosemary and mash with a potato masher or immersion blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.