Paleo Pumpkin Crunch Muffins
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee or coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (look for gluten free to make paleo)
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine your pumpkin, eggs, and nut butter, ghee, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once all of your ingredients are combined, add in your coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt and mix well.
- Pour your batter into muffin tins either sprayed with oil spray or lined with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients and stir until everything is consistent. Scoop a little bit of the topping onto each muffin and place in your preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.