Tarragon Peach Chicken Salad
Let’s use up those peaches people!! Today I am sharing this Tarragon Peach Chicken Salad that I am currently obsessing over! To be honest I wanted to share this last week and had the photos all ready… until I realized I hadn’t written down the recipe! I was pretty sure I remembered everything but I couldn’t chance it so I remade it yesterday and I think it’s even better now! And I am pretty excited to have it in my fridge for the week. I mentioned this on Instagram yesterday but the last week has been FULL of birthday parties and fun which of course means lots of not so clean food and drinks. I don’t regret any of it because it was so much fun and going off track always makes you remember why I like to eat so well. I woke up on Monday feeling lethargic, with a sore throat and that is just no way to live!
So this week I am doing a mini Whole30 reset to get back in gear and flush out all the mai tais and smores that have been consumed. This brings us back to this chicken salad! You probably know that I love chicken salads and adding fruit and nuts to them are an absolute must. I love the flavor of tarragon and think having a jar of dried tarragon in your spice rack is necessary! It is such a perfect flavor to transition into fall and goes perfectly with these fresh and ripe peaches. My special hack for this recipe is chopping the chicken before you cook it! I cut mine up with some kitchen shears and bake them rather than having to chop the chicken after and losing the moisture then. Okay let’s jump into the recipe!
To save this Tarragon Peach Chicken Salad recipe for later, Pin the photo below!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt (if you don’t have dairy free yogurt just add 2 more tablespoons of mayo + 1 tablespoon coconut or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large or 2 small peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place chopped chicken on top. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon tarragon on top of the chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake chicken for 13-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large bowl combine yogurt, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, remaining tarragon, garlic powder and ground fennel. Add in chicken pieces and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in chopped peaches and pecans and toss to combine.
- Serve in lettuce wraps, on sweet potato toast, or by the spoonful!