Chunky Grain Free Granola
IT’S HERE IT’S HERE!!! I have been working on making a chunky grain free granola for MONTHS and have finally perfected it! The reason it took so long is because I was looking at it as making nuts with a coating on them at first… which is what they ended up being every time! I kept thinking how on earth can I get them to be little chunks that stick together.. kind of like cookies! So once I thought of cookies I started thinking about what makes cookies hold together that was different from what I was doing? I was already using some sugar, oil and almond flour which are all in cookies, then I realized… EGG! But then I thought I really didn’t want to add egg to this granola because so many people can’t have eggs, and I didn’t really want it to be a full on cookie. So I made a flax egg instead which is just ground flax seeds and water. This helped bind everything together and made this granola perfect! I placed all the granola “dough: in one big sheet and baked it, then once it is all cooled you can break it into whatever size pieces you like! You can see the side by side picture below.
And on another note – I am super excited to start sharing some life updates here on the blog! I normally just do my recipes and then hold back on being too personal, but I want you guys to know me even better! I am going to be starting a new series called “Let’s Talk About… Tuesdays”! I won’t be sharing on every Tuesday but some Tuesdays I will share a little more about my wellness routine besides what I eat as well as some other personal things I have been dealing with over the last year! I can’t wait to open up a bit more and hopefully help anyone going through the same things. But for now, we will just eat all of the granola!!
I love to have these on smoothie bowls – I used a Daily Harvest for this one! To order your own Daily Harvest Smoothies click HERE and use the code “kelsey” for 3 free smoothies!
Pin the photo below to save this Chunky Grain Free Granola for later!
- 1 ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup cashew butter (or any nut butter works!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Flax egg – 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 2 ½ tablespoons water (let sit for 5 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine walnuts, almonds, pecans, almond flour, salt and chia seeds in a large bowl.
- In another bowl combine coconut oil, cashew butter, coconut sugar, honey, vanilla and flax egg. Pour wet ingredients over the nuts and stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture on the baking sheet with parchment paper and press into one even layer. It will look like one large cookie!
- Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly browned all over. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once cool, Break into whatever size chunks you like! Enjoy on a smoothie bowl, as a snack by the handful or in a bowl with some berries and almond milk!