Paleo Blueberry Muffin Pancakes
Let’s take a beat and talk about pancakes. Love em or hate em?? Okay that was basically rhetorical because who doesn’t LOVE pancakes!? I am pro pancakes and when I was growing up I was chocolate chip all the way. I had the biggest sweet tooth as a kid (okay and into adulthood) and loved the kind of pancakes that were not only stuffed with chocolate chips but also had some on top that melted because they were hot and also had some whipped cream and powdered sugar. Okay WOW – looking back it is insane how much sugar I would pack into those mornings. Things and priorities have changed and although, yes on occasion Matt and I will split a short stack of choco chippers, if we want pancakes on a weekday, you gotta keep it light! So my adult self? I LOVE blueberry pancakes! I love California Giant Berry Farms blueberries in my pancakes because they are still little bursts of sweetness but so much better for you! They are packed with vitamin K, vitamin C and manganese – so yeah, pancakes are now healthy. The best part about this recipe is that it only has a few ingredients and comes together in a blender!
Have I convinced you yet? Let’s do an ingredient run down – banana, eggs, blueberries, almond flour, baking powder, lemon zest and vanilla! Simple and clean so your day can start packed with good nutrients and not too many calories! My friends at California Giant Berry Farms complied an amazing ebook of 14 recipes using berries that are all under 500 calories and it can be yours FO FREE. Just click THIS LINK to check it out and see how adding berries to just about anything can sweeten it up and add tons of nutrients. I think that is the definition of winning. To get your berry love started I say you grab these ingredients and make a batch of pancakes you with LOVE and feel great about eating.
They get bubbles before you flip just like regular ones!
Best blueberries in town!
This post is sponsored by California Giant Berry Farms! I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Little Bits Of!
Pin the image below to save these Paleo Blueberry Muffin Pancakes!
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup California Giant Berry Farms blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- In a blender combine banana, eggs, 1/4 cup blueberries, lemon zest, vanilla extract, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Blend until just combined and smooth.
- Place a skillet over low heat and spray with with oil spray. Scoop pancake mix onto the pan and add 2-3 blueberries on top of each pancake. Cook until they are covered in little bubbles then flip and cook another minute.
- Serve with a little drizzle of maple syrup if you like!
- Important to note these are not like normal pancakes in the way they cook! You will need to cook them over lower heat than usual and wait until it is covered with bubbles before you flip! Also important to spray the pan before cooking!