Garlic Pistachio Crusted Chicken Tenders with Rosemary Tahini Dipping Sauce
Let’s talk nuts! I use them A LOT. I drink nut milk, eat nut butter, make banana bread with them and my favorite thing – bread chicken with them! So I am pumped to say that I will be partnering with Diamond Nuts for the next year to share the best ways to add in all of the nuts into lots of different meals. Today I am highlighting a tasty way to enjoy pistachios – ground up with lots of garlic powder! I am a huge fan of chicken tenders because eating with your hands is THE MOST FUN! Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts because they have so much flavor, are a fabulous source of fiber and healthy fats and are super heart healthy too! I just threw the shelled pistachios from Diamond Nuts in a blender with garlic powder to make a quick breading. Then you can go simple and buy chicken tenders at the store, or slice up breasts if you have those on hand!
And what are chicken tenders without a dipping sauce? If you know me you know that tahini sauce is my JAM – so I jazzed it up this week with some fresh rosemary! After just a few minutes of the rosemary mixed in, the flavor will really start to open up and works wonders with the taste of the pistachios. The most important part about these tenders is not to cook them on too high of heat! Using nuts as a breading creates a great crunch factor while keeping it grain free, but you have to be careful not to crank up that pan! I like to cook these over medium heat, so they create that nice crust without burning. Now it’s time for you to make some! I love how easy Diamond Nuts are to find in most major grocery stores – check here for where you can find them near you – in the baking aisle! They have packs of already shelled pistachios which makes its so easy to throw this meal together. Now let’s get cookin!
This post is sponsored by Diamond Nuts! I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Little Bits Of!
Pin the photo below to save these Garlic Pistachio Crusted Chicken Tenders with Rosemary Tahini Dipping Sauce!
These are also fabulous served with a side of veggies!! Check out my new eBook here all about how to make the perfect vegetables!Print
- ½ cup Diamond Nuts shelled pistachios (the ones without the shell!)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine shelled pistachios and garlic powder in a blender or food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds or until it forms a crumbly powder. Pour it into a bowl.
- Crack one egg into another bowl and whisk it together with a fork.
- Take you chicken tenders and sprinkle them with a bit of salt on both sides. Dip the tenders one at a time in the egg mixture to coat, then roll in the garlic pistachio mixture.
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add oil and swirl it around to coat the pan.
- Place the chicken tenders in the pan and let cook for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine tahini, vinegar, coconut aminos, rosemary, water and salt. Stir to fully combine then if needed add more water (1 teaspoon at a time) until your desired dipping consistency is reached.