- 24 ounces broccoli florets (about 14 cups)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup clean mayonnaise (like Primal Kitchen)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped dried figs
- ¼ cup chopped roasted cashews
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place the broccoli florets on top. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat, then sprinkle on salt and black pepper and toss to coat again. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, stir then cook for 10-15 more minutes or until fork tender and crispy around the edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sage and ground fennel. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place roasted broccoli in a bowl and pour the sauce in and stir to coat. Add in dried figs and stir to combine. Season to taste again if more salt is needed.
- Top with chopped cashews!