Instant Pot Chicken Shawarma
- 1 – 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 – 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- Slice chicken breasts and thighs into strips and place into your instant pot.
- In a small bowl combine all of spices (cumin – cinnamon).
- Pour the spice mix over the chicken with a pinch of salt and some pepper.
- Mix it all together so the spices evenly coat the chicken. Add chicken broth to the pot and secure the lid.
- Place it on the poultry setting and get the time to 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up let it depressurize on its own for 10 minutes then turn the steam release to venting until all the pressure is released.
- Serve with veggies or on sweet potato toast drizzled with tahini sauce.
- If making in a slow cooker, follow the same instructions and cook on low for 4 hours.