- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk (just the milk part with solids removed!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or melted ghee)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic almond extract
- 1 cup clean dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a mini donut pan with oil spray.
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into a large ziplock bag and cut a small hole in the tip of the bag with scissors. Squeeze batter into the donut pan then shake it a little to evenly disperse the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Set pan over a wire rack to cool. Wait until donuts are cooled a bit then remove from the pan.
- Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe dish for about a minute and a half, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted through.
- Scoop chocolate onto donuts by drizzling then let cool to harden chocolate. Enjoy!