Grilled Mango Shrimp Skewers
It is grilling season and I could not be happier about it!! If you are following me on instagram you have seen that the #freshfoodiefive have gotten together again to share some epic grilling recipes with you! I am up today with these Grilled Mango Shrimp Skewers and they are everything you could want in a summer meal! I love shrimp and it’s always that thing on a menu that I will treat myself with! Add chicken? Nope, adding SHRIMP cause i’m a baller like that. Anyone else feel like that?? Those extra $2 really make me feel like a boss. But it is so easy to whip up grilled shrimp at home and I love how quickly they cook! I decided to pair them with mango for sweetness, cherry tomatoes for juicy goodness and red onion for a bit of bite! Oh and did I even mention the cilantro lime dressing you brush on these babies when they are fresh off the grill? So good and perfect for fathers day or any grill day to come.
Speaking of father’s day, what are you guys up to? We are celebrating with a party boat on the lake by my house! My dad loves breakfast foods like cinnamon rolls and donuts so we are going to have all the goods! I will for sure par take in a cinnamon roll but this week I am on a 5 day Whole30 reset! If you have done a Whole30 you know that sometimes in life after that your snacking and sugar intake has gotten to be a little out of control. So a little reset of whole30 eating can totally help get you back on track! I am just on day 2 while writing this and already feel better. The good thing is I can still eat these skewers because they are Whole30 compliant!!
This dressing though!
Pin these Grilled Mango Shrimp Skewers to save the recipe for later!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 chopped mangoes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped Cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Place the shrimp and the juice and zest of 1 lime in a bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Then make skewers by putting the shrimp, mango, red onion and tomatoes on in different orders to mix it up.
- Spray with a little cooking oil spray then season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Grill on a hot grill for about 3 minutes per side or until shrimp is pink all over.
- In a small jar combine juice of 2 limes, avocado oil, cilantro, a pinch of salt and some pepper and shake to combine.
- When the skewers are removed from the grill brush on some of the cilantro lime dressing and enjoy!