- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- clean ketchup
Sweet Potato Toast:
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high. Toast them 2-3 times through until there is a little bit a browning on both sides.
- In a medium bowl combine beef, fennel, sage and salt and mix with hands to combine. Divide into 4 oval shaped patties (to fit on a sweet potato slice) and cook on a skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Once patties are done, break eggs (separately) into the pan and fry until your desired egg style is reached. (runny yolk or cooked through!)
- Build burger with some ketchup, burger patty, egg and bacon!
- You need a sharp knife to slice easily through a sweet potato! I LOVE this ZHEN knife!