5th times a charm? It was for these Grain Free Double Chocolate Cookies! I honestly have never had to remake a recipe this many times. There have been many times I gave up on recipes after 2 or 3 times just because it wasn’t worth it, but I was determined to make these cookies work!!! I LOVE double chocolate cookies and knew they needed to be a bit fudgey with a little crisp around the edges. Now these aren’t SUPER fudgey but they are are moist and have that little crisp! 2 of the rounds I tried were okay enough for me to still eat, but 2 of them I had to throw away because they just crumbled in your mouth – EW. The addition of a little nut butter is exactly what these needed and it made them perfect! My sister came over the first day of testing and she had great feedback so shoutout to her for excellent taste testing skillz!
I have such fond memories of cookies in my life. You know when you have a REALLY good cookie? And the world kinda stops for a second? Is that just me? I have an intense love for baked goods – I did work at a bakery at one point! And remember when I went to New York for Dr. Oz and had that cookie from Levian bakery? I think I will remember that first bite forever. My point being… cookies might seem like a simple thing, but they are a thing of beauty and a thing I don’t take lightly! Hence the 5 attempts. Grain free baking is TOUGH. The best way to do it is with Almond Flour so apologies to my nut free people! One day I will figure out a good nut free cookie but today is not that day. Today is the day for you to make these cookies and be super happy about it!! And please do report back and let me know how it goes! 🙂
Oh and flakey sea salt for the win, always and forever.
STACKS ON STACKS.
Always the best way to show case a cookie in my book!
Pin these Grain Free Double Chocolate Cookies for later!
Grain Free Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (i used almond)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips and coarse sea salt.
- Once dough is combined, stir in chocolate chips just until they are evenly dispersed. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop into 9 balls.
- Flatten the balls on the sheet and make sure they are evenly spread apart. Top each cookie with 1-2 more chocolate chips and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 8 minutes and let cool!