Happy almost Cinco De Mayo! Don’t you love holidays like this? Holidays that give you a reason to mix up your meal time and have a margarita! I can always get behind that. When my brain started thinking taco recipes I immediately thought of my 2 favorite things in the world – Sweet Potatoes and Avocados! 2 conditions though, the sweet taters have to be crispy and charred and the avocados have to be ripe and creamy! I have an all new respect for avocados ever since I got to visit the West Pak processing plant with my friends from I Love Avos! I got to see how they come in from the fields, how they sort through the already too ripe, the different sizes and shapes and my favorite part, how they get them ripe. They have these huge ripening rooms to make sure you can go to the store and make guacamole that night. You know that trick of putting an unripe avocado in a bag with a ripe banana to help to ripen faster? Well its SO TRUE! They actually pump that stuff that comes off of ripe fruit into huge rooms filled with avocados to help them move along. Amazing!
Now that I have all this avo knowledge I love these heart healthy fruits more than ever! And this holiday is the perfect excuse for them to be the star of the show. I try to eat some avocado everyday as my healthy fat because it makes every meal better and helps keep me full from meal to meal! I find its the days I don’t have enough fats are the days where I am snacking too much!
Because these little tacos are Whole30 and Vegan thanks to dairy free yogurt in the crema, they are seriously the perfect meal or appetizer for any party! And you can totally add meat if you so desire. Make sure to tag me in your photos on instagram if you make these and #iloveavos once you pick up some of your own!
Crispy charred perfection!!
The perfect avocado – dark green on the outside and light green on the inside!
This lime crema will change your life a little!!
Pin these Charred Cumin Sweet Potato and Avocado Tacos with Lime Crema to save for later!
Charred Cumin Sweet Potato & Avocado Tacos w/ Lime Crema
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 tacos 1x
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 I Love Avos avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup dairy free plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place your chopped sweet potatoes on it. Pour avocado oil on top and toss to coat. Then sprinkle on salt, garlic powder and cumin and toss to coat.
- Make sure they are in one even layer and roast for 15, then stir them about and flip them and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned. Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine dairy free yogurt, lime juice, salt and garlic powder.
- To assemble taco, take a piece of iceberg lettuce and top with some sweet potatoes, avocado pieces and drizzle on the lime crema.
- Enjoy as a main dish or appetizer!
*Also great with some added meat for a full meal!