Rosemary Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- Author: Kelsey
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 large meyer lemons
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- **powdered sugar to dust on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an 8 or 9 inch cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and rosemary.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine. Then pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.