Grain Free Date and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Happy Monday!! What better way to start your week than with Grain Free Date and Chocolate Chip Muffins?! I was thinking of doing a muffin recipe and was racking my brain for a yummy combo to throw inside. I saw some enjoy life mini chocolate chips at the store and knew they had to make an appearance! THEN I thought some dried fruit would be great and of course, my love for dates runs deep. My brain works in crazy ways sometimes but for this I basically just wanted something super delicious and full of sweet goodness! Even though I eat pretty grain free most of the time I am still shocked at how good grain free stuff can taste. If you make these muffins for someone who doesn’t eat grain free they would not know these are made with almond flour! Try it and let me know what happens with that. I think my main goal in making these was just to be more like Simple Mills! I am obsessed with all of their grain free goodies and they make a mean muffin mix too. It’s good to have goals right?!
When I teased these last week on instagram stories so many of your were PUMPED about this recipe and that made me so happy. I love hearing what you guys like and what you want to see more of! Any ideas of general foods you want me to try to make healthier, please let me know! Comment below, email me, message me on instagram… just talk to me!
Grain Free treats are kinda what we are know for here at LBO, here are some other yummy ones:
Pin these Grain Free Date and Chocolate Chip Muffins for later!!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (i used homemade)
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 dates, pitted & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour,
- Baking soda, salt, maple syrup, almond milk, ghee, egg and vanilla extract. Once the batter is evenly combined, add in the chocolate chips and chopped dates.
- Spray a muffin tin with some coconut oil spray and scoop batter into the tins about ¾ of the way up. (about 8 muffins) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.