Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad on Paleo Ranch Buns
I am SO pumped to finally share this recipe with you guys! When I made this Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad on Paleo Ranch Buns a couple of weeks ago Matt and I hovered over them after I shot these pictures and devoured them. In my trials of recipe testing paleo baked goods I found that it is hard to get breads and stuff to hold shape – so these buns are made in muffin tins which make them A – the cutest things and B – great for portion control! I have been talking a lot on my instagram about portion control lately and how I am really trying to get better about it! It’s so easy to eat a lot of food for me so I try to hack the system the best I can. These little buns are packed with grain free goodness and would also be great as just a dinner roll!
You know that Tessemae’s dressing are my favorite and because my fridge is stocked with them I love thinking up new ways to add them into just about everything I eat. Matt’s favorite is the Lemon Garlic so I love to add it into quick chicken salads – hello flavor town!! But I don’t just put them on meat or salads. I love adding their dressings whenever recipes call for oil or any kind! Because most dressing are just oil + acid + flavor, they are guaranteed to just make anything calling for plain oil oil about a million times better. That’s why adding Zesty Ranch into these Paleo Buns is so freaking GOOD!! Flavor is what makes my world go round. I also have a fun trick of adding a little of the dressing in each muffin tin and putting it in the oven for a minute before adding the batter. This makes the outside crisp up a little when you pour it in AND add another layer of flavor. I am telling you – flavor might as well be my middle name.
This is my idea of the perfect lunch! Love how they are just the right size to have a couple with a salad! This post is sponsored by Tessemae’s. I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Little Bits Of!
Pin this Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad on Paleo Ranch Buns recipe to save it for later!
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- ¼ cup + 6 teaspoons (separated) Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad:
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Dressing
- ¼ cup dairy free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the broth or water, honey, 1/4 cup Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch Dressing and vinegar to the mixing bowl and mix with a whisk for 30 seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in after each addition. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour the 6 teaspoons of Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch Dressing into 12 muffin tins (1/2 teaspoon in each one) and swirl it around to coat the sides of the tins. Place in the oven without batter for about 1 minute. Remove from the oven and scoop batter into each tin until they are about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bread is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean when. Cool for 20 minutes.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad:
- Shred your cooked chicken with a fork and place it in a bowl. In a smaller bowl combine Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Dressing, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and garlic powder. Pour the mixture over the chicken and toss to combine. Add in parsley and stir again.
- To assemble sandwiches, slice the buns in half horizontally and place chicken salad inside!