I feel like this Curry Charred Cauliflower NEEDS to make an appearance in your kitchen soon. This is coming from someone who just started liking curry about a year ago. I think I always associated curry with spicy which made me never want to try it, but curry powder and simple yellow curries have OPENED MY MIND!! Now curry powder is a staple and I am even getting Matt to come around the idea. It was only a matter of time before my curry powder made it’s way onto a roasted veggie and I think cauliflower could not be a more perfect pairing. Now plain roasted veggies are all well and good, but putting a sauce over them brings them to a new level where you would be fine just eating veggies for a meal and nothing else. For example that time I made Curry Charred Cauliflower and then ate the entire batch. Oh wait that was for this recipe… 🙂 A sauce adds so much flavor and thanks to the new trend of dairy free yogurt everywhere, we can make a super creamy sauce mixed with tons of flavor. When I first think of curry the next spice my brain goes to is turmeric so I added some of that in the sauce. Then from turmeric I go to cinnamon and that went in next! Then finally I felt like a cinnamon sauce should be sweet so in goes the honey. These 4 elements make a perfect sauce to compliment the cauliflower and make it a perfect side dish for any occasion!! I am thinking Easter, what about you?
Speaking of easter I have some yummy recipes coming in the next few weeks to get you ready. Do you do an Easter brunch or dinner? We always do dinner but I know brunch is a biggie too. Would love to know what your plans are in the comments at the bottom of the page! But for now, let’s get INTO this sauce!!
Oh and I didn’t even mention the toppings!! I added some golden raisins and dried cherries for extra flavor and sweetness. This could now possibly be counted as dessert, who is in??
Pin this Curry Charred Cauliflower with Honey Spice Yogurt Sauce to save for later!!
Curry Charred Cauliflower with Honey Spice Yogurt Sauce
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Cinnamon Yogurt Sauce:
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425. Chop florets off of the cauliflower heads and chop those into smaller florets. Line a baking sheet with foil then place the cauliflower on top and drizzle olive oil over it. Add curry powder and a pinch of salt and toss to evenly coat. Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until they have a light char on them.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, honey, cinnamon, turmeric and salt. Once cauliflower is roasted, toss with sauce and then add toppings. Enjoy!