Cashew Coconut Crusted Salmon over Creamy Curry Pasta
I have been waiting way too long to share this Cashew Coconut Crusted Salmon with you!! It is such a simple way to add TONS of flavor and texture to your favorite seafood! If you follow me on social media you have seen me revamp my pantry and giveaway lots of my favorite foods so far this year. And now it’s time to make something ridiculously tasty with all of that goodness! To make the crust for the salmon I just blended together some cashews with Bare Snacks coconut chips! Those bare chips are so dangerously good, I could eat a whole bag in one sitting. But adding them onto some protein is even better! NOW for the Creamy Curry Pasta. Banza is this pasta that is made completely from Chickpeas!! That’s right – grain free, gluten free goodness that tastes exactly like pasta. Love it!! The sauce is a base of ground cashews with coconut milk and lots of spices. It has a perfectly creamy yet non dairy texture that pairs so well with the salmon. All of these flavors are only made even more pronounced with the addition of my new favorite olive oil, California Olive Ranch! This stuff is so high quality and there are different kinds that have different flavor profiles – who wants to join me in being and EVOO connoisseur?? I used the “Rich & Robust” flavor for this and it was so flavorful and perfect for the dish.
Yesterday and today I have been at Expo West, a natural foods expo to look into even more tasty natural foods to share with you! Finding products like these makes living a healthy clean lifestyle so much easier so I can help you and myself figure this whole healthy life out! For now, go get some of this olive oil because you can find it all over the place these days.
Pin this Coconut Cashew Crusted Salmon over Creamy Curry Pasta now!
- ½ cup Bare Coconut Chips
- ½ cup Cashews
- 4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1 box Banza pasta shells
- 1 cup packed shredded kale
- 1 cup Cashews
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor with a blade attachment combine Bare Coconut Chips & Cashews and blend until they are ground into a crumb consistency. Place your salmon fillets on a foil lined baking sheet and brush each one with 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Then scoop ¼ of the coconut cashew mixture on top of each fillet and press down to adhere to the salmon. Then drizzle California Olive Ranch Olive Oil over all of the salmon and place in the oven for 10 minutes. When the time is up turn the broiler on high and cook for 1 more minute to crisp up the topping.
- Cook Banza Pasta Shells according to package instructions and reserve ½ cup of water before draining. While pasta cooks, make the sauce. In a food processor with blade attachment combine cashews, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, garlic powder and garlic powder and blend until creamy, about 3 minutes. While pasta is still hot, place it back in the pan it boiled in and top with cream sauce. Stir to coat the pasta and add a little of the reserved water to thin to a consistency you like. Then add in kale and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve salmon over pasta and garnish with chopped parsley!