- 4–5 small Ocean Mist artichokes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small avocados or 1 1/2 large avocados
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- Sun dried tomatoes (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice Artichokes in half length wise and drizzle the open end with olive oil. Place the open end down on a foil lined baking sheet then place another piece of foil on top of them and press it down. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until fork tender. Once they are done scoop out the “choke” which is that fuzzy part in the middle, and discard.
- In a food processor combine avocados, walnuts, garlic, basil, lemon juice & salt. Blend on high until walnuts have broken down and pesto is creamy and thick. Scoop the pesto into the bowl area of the artichoke where the choke was removed. Top with some sun dried tomatoes and enjoy!