Who doesn’t love a good slow cooker chicken meal?! This Slow Cooker Greek Chicken is the product of throwing all of my favorite greek inspired ingredients into our crock pot and waiting for the magic to happen. And ya know what? It worked!! I used 2 pounds of chicken in this so we had TONS of chicken to last us through the week. Each meal we ate it with was a little different too, the flavors are so versatile! We added it to a bowl with roasted veggies, cauliflower rice and even these cucumber noodles! And because cucumbers are so watery we just keep them raw and they were perfect!
What makes my Slow Cooker Greek Chicken, GREEK?
So when I am trying to make a recipe with the Whole30 guidelines (aka no cheese or grains), it can be hard to make something authentically one type of flavor. For instance, to make this super greeky, you could add some greek yogurt, top with feta cheese and add in some rice or cous cous… but that’s not my jam man! So what makes this greek? Olives. Dill. Tahini. Red Onion. Lemon. Sun dried Tomatoes!! So many flavors go into certain ethnic cuisines and you can make any one of them compliant with the way you eat. So you probably know I am obsessed with tahini and make tahini sauce to drizzle on everything, so greek food is some of my favorite!! I also love the tahini at Trader Joes, which I highlight in my Whole30 Trader Joes Must Haves list! Everything from TJ is perfect for the Slow Cooker Greek Chicken recipe. If you are thinking, hmm where would one find tahini in the store? I used to not know this either until I started buying it more, and now I know it is by the nut butters in pretty much all stores! And now ya know! 🙂
Make sure to pin this Slow Cooker Greek Chicken!
Nutrition for Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
If you are familiar with the Mediterranean diet, then this recipe for a Slow Cooker Chicken meal hits all the marks within that diet. Full of lean meat, healthy fats from the olives and a bunch of vegetables, this recipe is perfect for anyone following a heart healthy diet. Low in saturated fat and high in protein and vitamins/minerals, what else could you want for your family! You have to try this Slow Cooker Greek Chicken when you are gearing up for a summer meal but still want to keep it light! It will not disappoint!Print
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken, breasts or thighs (or a mix of both)
- 6 chopped red potatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh chopped parsley (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion (to garnish)
- more salt & pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker combine chicken breasts, potatoes, bell peppers, garlic, olives, sun dried tomatoes, chicken stock, 2 tablespoons of tahini, dried dill, dried oregano and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir until combined and chicken is coated, then cook on low for 6-8 hours on low. When chicken is done, shred the chicken with forks and keep it in the slow cooker, then add in 2 more tablespoons of tahini and juice of lemon then stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste then garnish with parsley and red onion! Serve on top of cucumber noodles or with roasted veggies!