- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can pureed butternut squash or pumpkin
- 64 ounces tomato juice
- 2 14.5 oz cans of fire roasted chopped tomatoes
- 2 peeled and chopped medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 large handfuls of chopped kale
- Place a large pot over medium high heat and add avocado oil. When the pot is hot add onions and cook for a few minutes until lightly browned. Then add beef and turkey to the pan and brown stirring occasionally.
- Once the meat is browned, Add the rest of the tomato juice, butternut squash puree, chopped tomatoes and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender. Add chili powder, chipotle powder, garlic powder, salt, and apple cider vinegar. Add more salt to your taste preference. Add kale and stir just until slightly wilted. Enjoy!