It’s time for some SUPERFOOD! (definitely say that in a SUPERMAN! voice) What is a superfood anyhow? I don’t really know to be honest. I never claimed to be a dietitian or an expert on nutrition in anyway – but I know how food can make you feel, and I want you to feel your best! This salad is 100% perfection when it comes to food that makes you happy on the inside and out. It has all of the greens you could ever need + some sweet earth candy (aka dried cranberries & pomegranate seeds)! This is perfect for a big party which is why we made it! The dressing is really what makes this salad better than the average old bowl of greens.
VANILLA! I threw some vanilla extract in a lime vinaigrette and it tasted incredible!! Matt thought it smelled like key lime pie – what’s wrong with that?! The vanilla adds so much flavor and it’s something totally unexpected. The little bits of sweet and bitter in the salad make it all come together so perfectly!
Oh and remember how I told you about Glamour last week?! Well it is out on newsstands now!! Go out and get it and let me know if you do! I might have bought 4 copies when I saw it and jumped for joy just a bit. No shame! I am PUMPED and so excited for what it to come!
DAT KALE THO.
So many greens – so so good!
Superfood Salad with Vanilla Lime Vinaigrette
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups shredded broccoli
- 5 cups thinly sliced brussels sprouts
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, julienned
- 1 cup chopped cooked beets
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons roasted & salted sunflower seeds
vanilla lime vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a jar and shake until combined. Place kale in a large bowl with 1/2 of the vinaigrette. Massage dressing into kale with your hands for about 1 minute or until the kale softens a bit. Add the rest of the salad ingredients and vinaigrette to the bowl and toss to combine!