IT’S OFFICIALLY FALL YALL! I say that now because it rained for the first time this fall and I purchased a flannel shirt. Yeah, it’s getting serious. I love summer but there are so many parts of fall that absolutely make me giddy. Pumpkin candles, chai tea lattes and most of all rosemary & sage!! I have already packed them in my Paleo Herb Cheese Crackers and now I am cooking them down with apples to pour all over these pork chops. Rosemary is one of those herbs that brings me back in time. We had a huge rosemary bush in our backyard growing up and my mom and I were obsessed with adding it to everything. We were huge fans of Jaime Oliver’s show on food network and he loved it, which made us like it even more.
These pork chops took no time at all to grill up and the compote was even easier somehow! Perfect for a quick weeknight meal that feels special. One of my favorite dishes from one of my favorite restaurants is an apple stuffing stuffed pork chop – it is unreal! It also has a mix of apples and bread so this is kind of my healthy ode to that dish. I am determined however to make a grain-free stuffing for thanksgiving so keep an eye out for that baby! Okay okay time for more pics – featuring of course the hand of my lovely sister!! 🙂
The glass of wine is kind of necessary BTW!
Grilled Pork Chops w/ Herb Apple Compote
- 4 pork chops
- 2 honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Remove the pork chops from the bag and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until the pork chop releases from the grill, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes. Remove and tent with foil.
- In a saucepot on medium-high heat, add the apples, herbs and orange juice. Simmer over medium heat until the apples are tender and the juices are thickened to a thin syrup, 10 to 12 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.