Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
The other day I was really in the mood for muffins. I had ripe bananas and chocolate chips. So I made some muffins and told my friends on instagram about them! Everyone seemed interested in hearing about how I made them so I whipped them up again and have the recipe for ya today. I love using up ripe bananas in any way I can and they work wonders to keep these whole wheat muffins moist. After having them in my house all weekend I have realized that these babies go well with breakfast, as a snack, and as a dessert!
Okay okay – I really just can’t stop eating them.
Putting chocolate chips in muffins makes its totally acceptable to eat lots of them. I mean these muffins have whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and honey in them, so they are a TOTAL health food. 🙂 And since I put it on the internet it’s true right? Summer bods are in full swing but we have to leave room for chocolate, so this is my suggestion for how to get that in!
These muffin tins were my grandmas, they are my favorite!
When they are still warm and the chips are all melty…. YUM!
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 and 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the coconut oil, honey, coconut sugar, vanilla, and milk together until combined. Then, whisk in the eggs and bananas until combined. The mixture should be smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and slowly whisk until just combined. Toss in chocolate chips and fold into the batter
- For 12 muffins, bake at 350F for around 20-25 minutes, give or take. Use a toothpick to test doneness.