Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers
Can you tell I love grilling season yet? I think the main reason I like to camp is because you grill EVERYTHING. It’s the best excuse to sit outside, cook, drink and talk! The hubs and I are going camping with my sis, her hub and my nephew in July and I am so excited to plan the menu. At the top of the list for this trip? These Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers! They are so easy to throw together and by using Tessemae’s “Matty’s BBQ Sauce“… they are completely clean and Whole30 approved. The wonderful people at Tessemae’s somehow make this smokey sauce with absolutely no sugar. NONE! They use dates to create a paste to add sweetness, balsamic vinegar for some bite and tons of spices for the ultimate flavor.
The spices in this sauce go perfectly with sweet pineapple! If you haven’t grilled pineapple before you are missing out! It somehow gets even sweeter and juicier on the grill and that char flavor is one of my favorite things. And OH! Forget to tell you I made a video for how I threw these together! It is a little further down on the post and shows you how simple these are to make. You can find Tessemae’s at Whole Foods or just grab it right off their site! Trust me, you need this sauce in your life.
Assemble those skewers!
Oh and did I mention this sauce is Organic? YUP!
Thoughts? Like seeing recipes in video form? Would love to know what you think! 🙂
Sweet potato fries go reeeeeeeally well with these Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 2 cups of chopped pineapple
- 1 cup Tessemae’s “Matty’s BBQ Sauce”
- metal skewers
- Combine chopped chicken and 1/2 cup of Tessemae’s BBQ Sauce and toss to coat. Leave in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinade. Add 3-4 pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of pineapple and 5 pieces of bell pepper to eat skewers in a different orders for variety. Put your grill on medium and place the skewers on for 4 minutes per side (closing the grill between). Remove from grill and brush chicken with remaining BBQ Sauce.