Oh happy salad days are ahead of us!! And you know what else is ahead of us?
ALL OF THE TAHINI!
I have a slight obsession with tahini these days. It was the perfect topping to my Paleo Balance Bowl and had made many an appearance on the instagram. I just love sauces and dressings for everything from salads to meat to veggies and I pour the stuff all over my roasted sweet potatoes. Then one night I decided to add cinnamon to my tahini dressing and WOAH. It worked so well and I knew I had to make a salad I could drizzle it all over. THEN I had an amazing salad last week with sliced apples in it and was ready to create the best salad everrr! This FRESH apple salad was born and I am in love.
The best part of this baby is that the base is tossed with an apple cider vinaigrette which plays together well with the little pockets of cinnamon tahini you get! Oh and roasted butternut squash and avocado were obvious choices for me. And tell me, are you loving the photos with my new lens!? So excited! 🙂
Granny Smith are necessary!! The tart is the best combo for the tahini.
Pin it! 🙂
Fresh Apple Salad with Cinnamon Tahini Drizzle
- 5 oz. Arugula
- 1 heart of romaine, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced green apples
- roasted walnuts
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, roasted
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Few cracks of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Cinnamon Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Combine arugula and sliced romaine in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine Apple Cider Vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until combined. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine. Pour onto serving platter and top with apples, avocado, squash & walnuts.
- In a small bowl combine Cinnamon Tahini Dressing ingredients and stir to combine. You may need to add more water to get to a consistency that will drizzle. Then drizzle over salad to serve and toss to combine!