Passion Tea Sangria
It’s Sangria season!!! I don’t know about you but I love me a good Sangria. Red, white, sparkling, rose, I’ll take them all! I can’t decide if I love it because its super easy to drink, because it results in alcohol soaked fruit, or because you pour a bunch of stuff in a big container and share it with friends!
Sangria is 80% of the reason I want a patio and backyard. This condo life is killing me on nice days! Ya know that quote that says “I’m outdoorsy in that I like to drunk on patios” ? It’s my favorite and so flippin true. I also happen to be slightly outdoorsy in that I love to go camping, but that is mostly for drinking under the trees and stars.
All of this patio and camping talk is getting me SO excited for summer and Matt and I have got to get some trips in the books. We are thinking of touring the coast of California at some point and will do both camping stops and hotels! This is when box wine is really going to come in handy. 🙂
Now for this Sangria!! 4 ingredients people: passion tea, red wine, white rum and ginger beer!
I served it with pineapple because it is nice and tropical tasting!
The pitcher will be gone fast… just to warn ya!
Pin it please!?! 🙂
- 1 Tazo Iced passion tea bag (they are larger than average tea bags)
- 34 fluid oz water
- 2 cups of ice cubes (about 10 standard cubes)
- 1 bottle (750ml) red wine (i used a red blend)
- 1 bottle (12 fluid oz) ginger beer
- ½ cup white rum
- Pineapple chunks
- Bring 34 oz of water to a boil and pour over the tea bag & let steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bag and add 2 cups of ice to to the container. This will both dilute and cool the mixture. Once the tea is at room temperature or chilled, add both the red wine, ginger beer and white rum, and stir combine. Chill and pour over pineapple chunks to serve.