- 6 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups chopped onions (about 2 large onions)
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 3 cups packed, chopped kale
- 1/2 cup of gruyere cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast the sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes or until a fork can easily piece the skin.
- While they are cooking, bring a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and when it is melted, add the onions. Stir occasionally for about 20- 30 minutes or until onions are nice and brown. Then add in the rosemary and kale. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes of until kale is slightly wilted. Pour it into a bowl and set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, cut them in half lengthwise, and scoop out most of the insides except for a thin layer so they can maintain their shape. Add the insides into the bowl with the onion mixture and mash and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scoop mixture back into shells evenly and top with a bit of cheese.
- Reduce the oven to 350 and bake them for 30 minutes. Serve warm & enjoy!