- 1½ cups cashews, soaked for at least an 1 hour, drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (I used light coconut)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or DIY blend of 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 ½ teaspoons cumin, ¼ teaspoon oregano, ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika)
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup salsa
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Place the cashews, orange bell pepper, milk, chili powder, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender. Puree until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add the minced onion & ground beef and cook until beef is browned. Add taco seasoning and fresh salsa and stir to combine.
- Add in the cheese sauce and stir until combined and heated through. Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed. Serve with veggies or chips!