Paleo Balance Bowl
- 2 chicken thighs or breasts
- 12 oz chopped Butternut squash (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butternut squash on a baking sheet. Toss with 2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper & ¼ teaspoon garlic powder. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, tossing around half way through.
- Take your chicken and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and let heat up for about 30 seconds. Then add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on how thick they are (If they are thick i suggest pounding them down a bit so they all have even thickness). Set chicken aside.
- In a small bowl combine tahini, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, water, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper & ¼ teaspoon garlic powder. Toss a couple of tablespoons of dressing over the greens in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- To assemble bowl add lettuce and top with butternut squash, chopped chicken and avocado pieces. Drizzle more tahini dressing on top and enjoy!