Cauliflower Fried Rice – Whole30
This Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe has been a long time coming! We made this all the time, like once or twice a week last fall… only then it wasn’t this Whole30 version. We used tamari most of the time and a pea, corn and carrot mixture for the veggies. But thanks to the amazing Coconut Aminos from Coconut Secret… a whole30/ paleo version was made possible! And let me tell you, it is just as good if not better than before! The folks at Coconut Secret use Coconut Sap to create this super flavorful seasoning sauce and the only ingredients are Certified Organic Coconut Tree Sap and Sun Dried, Mineral Rich Sea Salt! Which is a BEAUTIFUL thing when are banned from eating most condiments and sauces. I have been using the stuff on everything and highly recommend you going to pick some up or just ordering some online from my fave Thrive Market! It’s way cheaper on Thrive than anywhere else I have found so get your membership and you’ll save big. Anywho this “fried rice” is such a great base for all kind of yummy protein and you can have a nice big bowl with no guilt… I mean, it’s a bowl of veggies! In this recipes I make my own cauliflower rice but if you can find pre made… absolutely no judgement. I love having the Trader Joe’s frozen riced cauliflower on hand just in case I ever need it quick or just don’t feel like pulling out the food processor! This whole dish comes together so quickly though… you can tell in the video I made below!
Love these dish towels from Trader Joes! 🙂
Cauliflower Fried Rice Learnings:
Side note: After posting this I learned that the way the chopstick are shown below represents death… I swear I didn’t know! But I found it wildly interesting so I am keeping the pic up so you can learn too!
Aaaaaand a video!
Add this Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe to your Pinterest page!
Full recipe for this Cauliflower Fried Rice is below!Print
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped (about 4 –5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce/ tamari if not whole30!)
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and let that get warm, about 20 seconds. Then add chopped onions and let cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in your cauliflower and let cook for about 5 minutes or until it starts to get tender.
- Place your chopped green beans in a microwaveable bowl with a splash of water. Microwave them on high for 2 minutes. This will cook them just perfectly so the process moves quicker. Pour out the water and green beans & carrots to the cauliflower mix and stir to combine. Make a well in the middle of the pan by pushing the cauliflower mix against the sides.
- In a small bowl mix eggs with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Pour egg mixture into the well of the pan and stir them occasionally, trying not to combine with the cauliflower mix. Once eggs are scrambled, stir them together with the cauliflower mix.
- Add in ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and coconut aminos. Season to taste with salt if necessary. Stir to combine and season more to taste if necessary! Enjoy!