rosemary braised beef:
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat (mine were about 1 1/2 inch cubed chunks)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup fire roasted chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 pitted dates
garlic balsamic cauliflower rice:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon parsley (dried or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Cover a sheet pan with foil and place beef on the pan. In a small bowl combine salt, rosemary, garlic powder, sage & paprika. Pour spice mix over beef and press it into and all over the meat. Once each piece is coating you can discard the rest of the spice mix if there is extra. Set aside. In a blender, combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic & dates. Blend for about 20 seconds. Pour mixture over the meat until evenly coated. Cover the pan with foil so it is completely covered. Place in the oven and cook for about an hour and a half. Once cooked, remove beef from pan and into a bowl. Pour remaining sauce from the pan over the meat and toss to coat.
- Chop cauliflower into pieces and run through the grater attachment of your food processor. In a large skillet, pour olive oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add cauliflower to the pan and cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cauliflower is cooked, add garlic powder, salt balsamic vinegar and parsley to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve beef over the cauliflower rice for a delicious and healthy meal!