I am SO excited for this new year to start and to get this Whole30 challenge underway. I am already trying to prepare for this “carb flu” everyone talks about as the last few days have been spent in the mountains with my hubby drinking wine and eating Triscuits. I feel super prepared though as I have started making most of our dinners whole30 over the last couple weeks. I made this chicken salad after I made this Roasted Garlic Mayo and OH MAN. So full of flavor and just gets better everyday in the fridge. I brought this down to my parents house after I made it and my mom raved! She, as well as my sisters & hopefully all of our hubbies will be taking on the challenge together! I am overjoyed that they have jumped on this train with me and the support with be crucial for all of us. I have made the first weeks meal plan for Matt and I and shared it with my fam. If it all goes well, I will share them here once this thing is over!
Back to this chicken salad. It is the perfect source of protein and healthy fats and I enjoyed it in little bell pepper cups! I think I will also be eating it out of lettuce wraps with an apple on the side for the perfect lunch. If you are doing whole 30 this month too, let me know! We can do this!
Here is the bulk of what we are working with.
Perfectly flavored and delish!
Bell pepper cups are totally a thing…
Roasted Garlic Chicken Salad
- 3-4 cooked & chopped chicken breasts (3 larger, 4 smaller)*
- 4-5 tablespoons homemade mayo (i used my roasted garlic mayo!)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic**
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined!
- *I bake my chicken breasts at 350 for 18 minutes with salt and pepper on both sides.
- ** See how to roast garlic in my Roasted Garlic Mayo post!