Can we talk about flavor? And spices? It blows my mind how simple it can be sometimes to combine a few things you have on hand to become a flavor bomb of goodness. This curry almond butter mixture kind of changed my life!! I follow a blog called Food Faith Fitness and she always comes up with interesting flavor combos to make healthy food super tasty. This recipe was inspired by her Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Curry Almond Butter Vinaigrette. One night for dinner we made a version of it with chicken and absolutely FREAKED!
See Instagram freak out HERE!
After that I knew I had to make it again but possibly a bit easier of a version to take to work for a quick lunch. As you may know I am ALL about chicken salads…… examples: 1, 2 & 3. Seeing as chicken is common to come by and easy to cook (we always do chicken breasts on a cookie sheet with a little oil and salt and pepper at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes), it makes throwing together a chicken salad super easy! Many people may think that a chicken salad has to be coated with mayo… this is not the case!!! Any dressing or sauce that can coat chicken and hold it together works for me. I knew with this recipe that I couldn’t loose that tasty sweet potato pop of creamy goodness so I roasted some of that and threw it in too!
The sauce is easy: almond butter, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, curry powder and sirracha! I am not a huge fan of spicy but a little sirracha totally works with this!
Then your chunks of cooked chicken and roasted sweet potato just need to be tossed with that almondy goodness!
I served mine on whole wheat bread with some lettuce!
I sliced the sando down the middle and it cut so beautifully! Love my new Wusthof knives!
Curry Almond Butter Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & cut into small cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2–3 tsp sriracha, to taste
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet and toss with 1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a small bowl combine coconut oil, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, honey, curry powder, sirracha & salt.
- In a larger bowl, combine chicken, sweet potatoes & sauce. Toss to combine and season to taste. Serve on whole wheat bread with lots of crispy greens!