OH MY ZOODLE. How am I just getting on this bandwagon? We got so spoiled with wedding presents I now have every kitchen gadget I have ever dreamed of!! We got a spiralizer and I really don’t know if I will ever use another appliance more. So easy, so delicious and so healthy!! Seriously you need to get one! Dare I say it’s even better than spaghetti squash?! Much more noodley at least! Noodley? Is that a word? Oh well it is now! Between the spiralizer and our new food processor I am having way too much fun in the kitchen! I had pinned avocado pesto awhile ago but now I could finally make it! I made a few changes to the recipe like using cashews instead of pine nuts and adding some spinach! Gotta love those micronutrients! I can’t wait to share more zoodles recipes with you soon as I learn more about what I can do with them!
First – Put all of the glorious ingredients in your food processor.
Blend blend blend! And watch the ease and beauty of the food processor amaze you.
ZOODLES! Aren’t they beautiful?
Toss to coat and you are done!
If you try hard enough….
You could totally eat half the plate in one bite. But I don’t advise this.
Want a spiralizer of your own? Click here to purchase one now!
Avocado Pesto Zoodles
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews (or pine nuts)
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon (juice & zest)
- Salt to taste
- Sun-dried tomatoes to garnish
- In a food processor, combine the basil, spinach, cashews, avocado, garlic, lemon juice and sea salt. Process until smooth, then taste and adjust any ingredients as necessary. You may need to add some water if it is too thick, depending on how thick you want your sauce to be.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add zoodles and heat through or 3-4 minutes. Then add pesto to pan and mix until zoodles are coated. Plate and top with some chopped sun-dried tomatoes!