2 Ingredient Protein Crepes

2 Ingredient Protein Crepes

Protein!  Oh how I love thee.  I think women are sometimes afraid of eating too much protein thinking they will “bulk up”.  This is soooo untrue.  Now I am no expert or anything but I have read a lot about this and it makes sense!  If you are working out a lot, your body needs protein in order for your muscles to rebuild properly.  Also, protein keeps you fuller longer so that will obviously keep you from snacking too much!  I just think it is great and am always looking for ways to add it to my diet without only eating lots of meat.  Matt and I have been making those protein pancakes with egg and banana for awhile but I thought, why not try crepes?!  Well they would have to be thin and not lumpy so banana wouldn’t work.  SO why not just add egg whites with protein powder?!  And wow.  These turn out so tasty and sweet because of the protein, and low fat because of the egg white!  I added strawberries to mine which we so tasty and fresh, and maybe sprinkled a tiny bit of powdered sugar because I was feeling crazy. Now I must disclaim that these should be eaten immediately after making them! They are so so tasty while fresh but let them sit out for 5 minutes and they get progressively drier and harder.  Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Now cut to these beauties!! >>>

2 Ingredient Protein Crepes

They fold perfectly!

2 Ingredient Protein Crepes

Thanks to the hubby for sprinkling that sugar so perfectly!

2 Ingredient Protein Crepes

YUM! You should make these asap!

2 Ingredient Protein Crepes

2 Ingredient Protein Crepes

4.5 from 2 reviews

• Yield: 2-3 crepes

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 1 scoop (30 grams) vanilla protein powder

Instructions

1. Place a non stick skillet over medium high heat. In a bowl combine egg whites and protein powder and whisk until protein powder is dissolved. Scoop about 1/2 of the mixture (if using an 8 inch pan) or 1/3 of the mix if using a smaller pan, into the pan and rotate pan around so the batter spreads thin. Cook until the bottom is lightly browned and flip it over to cook through.
  2. **Note – I used EAS Lean 15 Protein Powder, Vanilla Cream (100 calories a servings)

Nutrition

• Serving Size: 1
  • Calories: 167
  • Fat: 1.5

12 replies
  1. Andrea McGinley says:

These look great and you are right, we don’t have to feel guilty for eating them! I love the 2 ingredient aspect of the recipe.

2. Beata says:

Hi Kelsey,
    I hope that you are having a lovely day!
    I am currently setting up a company which will be selling high protein products. We would like to share delicious recipes with our clients on our website and, if possible, we would love to use your recipe on our company’s website. We would translate the recipe into Polish, include the pancake’s picture from your blog and include a link to your blog. We are currently finishing building the website but would be happy to send you a draft of the finished recipe for your approval before it goes life.
    Please do let us know if this sounds fine to you 🙂
    Many thanks and have a lovely day,
    Beata

3. Ashley says:

Thanks so much for this! Love these- and am always looking for ways to mix up egg whites for variety! Made these this weekend and my whole family loved them!

4. Kylene Kendall says:

I made these today with Arbonne’s Vanilla protein powder! I also made a chocolate filling using Arbonne’s Chocolate protein powder, just the powder and a little almond milk until it was a “frosting”. Sprinkled some chopped nuts and I can’t believe how amazingly good it tasted and it filled me! Between the crepes and the filling, it was 2 scoops of powder which is a meal serving for us, so was perfect for my meal! Great recipe!

5. Payton G says:

This recipe is so great! It’s so fast and easy. I added a drop of vanilla extract and it added to the flavor of egg. Smaller pan the better, and flip them fast. So good!

6. Brittany says:

I added one whole egg, 4 packets of splenda and 2 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder. Then sprinkled splenda over the cooked crepes! Excellent recipe. Thanks for posting!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] 2-Ingredient Protein Crepes / Little Bits Of […]

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!