Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
How many times have you starred at a boneless skinless chicken breast and thought UGH what can I do with this?! Eating healthy can get boring when you don’t plan ahead and think outside the box! I watch a lot of food network and saw someone make a chicken roulade the other day. It looked so yummy and made me think about what else I could put into a pounded chicken breast that wasn’t too bad for me and still full of flavor. Matt and I are on a laughing cow cheese wedge bit and like to put them on everything. They are perfect in this recipe because it makes it creamy and cheesy but they are only 35 calories each! Love it. So in order for this to work you have to pound the chicken super thin so you can get maximum filling to chicken ratio. The best part about this chicken roll thing is that you can really fill them with whatever you want. I also got this roasted red pepper spread from Trader Joes and made some filled with that too! So versatile and a great option for those frozen chicky breasts you have no idea what to do with.
Here is the filling line up: Spinach, artichoke, laughing cow swiss, garlic powder, salt and pepper!
Pound it out!
Look at that beautiful filling.
Roll and toothpick!
Salt and pepper all over and bake! Look at that swirl action, filled with flavor!
- 2 light swiss laughing cow wedges
- 1/4 cup steamed spinach with water ringed out (I used 1 cup of frozen and it came down to 1/4 cup after warming and ringing dry)
- 1 artichoke heart, chopped (from a can)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 chicken breasts (mine were about 6 oz. each)
- more salt & pepper for chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine cheese wedges, spinach, artichoke, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix with a fork until well combined. Lay your chicken breast down on a cutting board and slice it in half so you have two thin halves (see pictures). Lay all 4 pieces between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Take the flat side of a meat tenderizer and pound the chicken until very thin. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken. Scoot about 1 tablespoon of the spinach artichoke mixture on the chicken and spread it to coat the chicken. Roll each piece of chicken and hold in place with tooth picks. Place rolls on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for 20-22 minutes. Enjoy warm!
21 grams of protein per roll
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 1.9 grams