POMEGRANATE SEEDS! Juicy, tart and the perfect addition to this chicken salad. I went through a phase in high school when I loved the chicken salad sandwich at Arby’s. I would drive through on the way from one water polo practice to the other during the summer. What made it so good was the grapes. They added that burst of flavor that made you feel like all that mayo wasn’t that bad for you. Luckily now I have found that you can use greek yogurt instead of mayo or sour cream in most recipes and it makes it 10 times better for you. In this recipe I use mostly greek yogurt with a little mayo. Some dill and lemon give a great depth of flavor and the pomegranate seeds add the most amazing pop that keeps you wanting more. You should probably serve this on a fresh multigrain bread to really make you feel like you are a health fanatic. Did I mention this can be thrown together in no time?
So much goodness in one bowl.
Toast some bread, spread on some dijon and you are good to go!
Slice and serve.
With an ice cold brew? 🙂
Pomegranate Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, chopped
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup 0% greek yogurt (or dairy free yogurt)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- juice of half a large lemon (or a whole small lemon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine chopped chicken, pomegranate, celery, green onion & set aside. In a smaller bowl, combine greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill & mustard. Pour yogurt mix into chicken mix and stir until chicken mixture is coated with the yogurt mix (you may not use all of the yogurt mix). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve on salad, sweet potato toast or toasted bread!