I like to say often that life is all about balance. It’s my excuse for having a green drink and a candy bar then telling myself they cancel each other out. It just seems to work for me. Sometimes balance is as simple as citrus and chocolate. I pinned this Lemon Cloud Cookies recipe from Joy the Baker about 2 years ago and finally got around to making them. Once I tried one I realized they were missing something. And obviously that something was chocolate! These cookies are too good, and because they are so little you can also tell yourself that having 6 is totally fine. On top of everything else these babies are easy to put together. Fresh lemon zest is a must!
Make a quick dough.
Roll into balls.
Criss cross applesauce.
Melt some chocolate!
Nom nom noms.
Chocolate Dipped Lemon Cloud Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoons finely grated lemon
- 1 cup chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter and powdered sugar and beat until light and silky. Beat in eggs one at a time. Batter will not fully combine. Then add extracts and zest.
- On low speed, add flour mixture slowly and beat until fully combined. On a cookies sheet lined with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray, drop dough by teaspoonfuls rolled into balls. Then take a floured fork and make a criss cross design on top of each ball. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on cooling rack.
- In a glass bowl melt chocolate in microwave. Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate and place on parchment paper or silpat to cool.