Oh summer. You are so close and you feel like you are already here! June gloom really got me down last week but I think we are turning a corner this week. It is amazing how sun can improve your mood. It makes me want to work out and eat salads… yeah pretty crazy. If you can make a good vinaigrette, you can eat salad everyday. This lemon vinaigrette is so light and adds the perfect balance to the berries. This salad can make 4 smaller salads or 2 large dinner salads. And if you have salad for dinner you can totally have a beer. I paired this with Sam Adams “Porch Rocker”. It is a wheat beer with a bit of lemonade mixed in. So fresh and delish! Okay back to the berries-
I cooked up this chicken and it was so moist and perfectly seasoned for the salad.
So easy to throw together, filling, fresh and delicious!
Summer Salad w/ Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce, chopped (or lettuce of your choice)
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup of mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a skillet over high heat, brown both sides of the chicken for 1 minute on each side. Transfer chicken to a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes. Slice and set aside
- To make vinaigrette, mix lemon juice, zest, dijon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking until combined.
- In a large bowl toss lettuce with vinaigrette and top with chicken, berries and feta cheese.