Some of the most wonderful things in the world start with the letter B. You have the Beach. Beer. Blueberries. Bran! Although I’m sure beer muffins would have been amazing, I thought blueberry and bran were a bit more appropriate for these summer mornings. These muffins are super easy to throw together. The whole wheat flour and yogurt make them healthy and moist! And we all know blueberries are a super food so basically these muffins are a health food. Right? Ignore the fact I sprinkle them with large sugar crystals before going in the oven….
First mix your dry ingredients and your wet together.
Mix those until just combined.
Scoop into muffin tins and sprinkle with some sugar crystals.
18 minutes later you have a perfect little muffin.
Those big bluerries bleed and make a beautiful color!
Blueberry Bran Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-bran cereal
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- optional sugar crystals
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, finely grind 1 1/2 cups of the cereal. Transfer the mixture to a bowl with remaining 3/4 cup of cereal, blueberries, flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine butter, eggs, yogurt, honey, and vanilla. Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Line muffin tin with baking cups. Fill each just more than halfway. Sprinkle generously with sugar crystals, if desired. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Remove from tin and allow to cool slightly.