Chips and dip. You know what I’m talking about.
Tortilla chips and queso.
Ruffles and french onion dip.
Pretzels and ranch.
Pita chips and hummus?!
You catch my drift. Chips and dip just make the world go round. When a dip is so good that you eat it all and just decide not to have dinner… you know you’ve found a winner. My mom discovered this dip and made it for a dinner party a couple weeks ago. Everyone there could not stop talking about “THE DIP”, “OMG THAT DIP”, “WOWWW I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT DIP”. Yeah it was that good. She made it with bacon, which is amazing, but I made it for a group that had some vegetarians so I just took out the bacon part. It is definitely optional though! I also substituted carmalizing sweet corn for Trader Joe’s delicious roasted corn. This dip is really just vegetables, greek yogurt and a little cheese… okay its a lot of cheese, but I think it totally can qualify as a meal. Any who…. It’s Friday so lets make some dip!
First you cook up some peppers, onions, jalepeno, green onions and garlic. Then mix that with your corn.
Then you add your greek yogurt, cheddar and jack cheese and some spices!
Mix it all up!
Divide into small pans or just use one big one!
Cover with a tad more cheese….
Bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly! Serve with tortillas chips, crackers or anything else that fits your fancy!
Roasted Corn and Cheese Dip
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped (or 1 tablespoon of olive oil for vegetarian)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups roasted corn (I used frozen roasted corn from Trader Joes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion, choppd
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (17 ounce) container of 2% Greek yogurt
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 5 ounces monterey jack cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using bacon, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Fry until crispy and all fat is rendered, then remove bacon and let drain on a paper towel. If not using bacon, start here and add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add roasted corn to the skillet, cooking and stirring until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove corn and add it to a large bowl. Add olive oil to the skillet, then add onions and red peppers with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in jalapeno, green onions and garlic, cooking for just 2-3 minutes. Transfer mixture to the bowl, adding in the yogurt, paprika, bacon and 4 ounces of each cheese. Stir until combined then transfer to serving dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden on top. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or crackers.