- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Chocolate Almond Spread (or nutella!)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Line 5 ramekins or 1 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together 1/2 stick of unsalted butter with 1/3 cup of sugar. Rub mixture onto bottom and sides of pan in a nice thick layer. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. With and electric mixer or in the bowl of a standing mix, beat the remaining 1 1/2 cups butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg and yolk and vanilla, beat until combined. At a low speed, add flour mix and milk alternately until just combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick or fork comes out clean. Cook cake in pan 10 minutes then turn out upside down on a plate. Remove parchment paper and let cool.
- In a chilled mixing bowl with whisk attachment, add whipping cream and sugar and whip on high until stiff peaks form. Add in chocolate almond spread and fold in with rubber spatula until combined.
- Top cakes with strawberries and whipped cream!