- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and hot
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup pure cane organic sugar (large sugar crystals)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of sugar, cream cheese and lime zest in large bowl. Pour butter over mixture and whisk until combined. Whisk in oil until well incorporated. Add egg, milk, and lime juice, continue to whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture with a rubber spatula until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into 24 equal pieces, about 2 tablespoons each. Using hands roll dough into balls. Working in batches, roll balls in cane sugar to coat and place on prepared baking sheet, 12 balls per sheet. Bake one tray at a time until edges are set and just beginning to brown. 11-13 minutes, rotating sheet after 7 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
- Recipe from America’s Test Kitchen Cookbook.