Are you sitting around wondering what you are going to do for your man on Valentines day? Or if you are single are you thinking what is going to get you a date on the 14th? I am telling you right now, COOKIES. When you combine cookies and peanut butter, the men will come. Add M&Ms and its kind of a done deal. I had a few bags of dark chocolate M&M’s laying around that I had to get ride of so I chopped them up.
May have eaten a few… but antioxidants right? Then make a quick cookie dough and mix in the candies.
Scoop dough onto cookie sheet and place a couple more M&Ms on top.
At this point you will need to fight with all you have not to shove this dough ball in your mouth. K cool. Now this was the first patch and I realized they don’t flatten much when cooked. So remember to flatten them out a bit like this:
Then bake for 8-9 minutes…
Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate M&M Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups dark chocolate M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the M&Ms with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet or silpat. If you want perfect looking cookies, roll a ball on dough in your hands and press down onto your cookie sheet. I pressed a few M&Ms on top of the dough. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
- Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction